Sunday, November 9, 2008

Update on Old Yeller...

Hi everyone. Doug Sr. came home from the hospital today. It felt like we were moving out, we had so much stuff to pack out. They send you home with everything but the kitchen sink....I really don't want to see the hospital bill!

He is still moving carefully and will have to have therapy, but is doing better and we just want to make sure he doesn't get any infection....if we can avoid that, the battle is won. He is in good spirits and was very glad to get out of the hospital.

Anyway, thanks for all the prayers and good wishes...he's on the mend, but won't be dancin' any jigs for a couple of days.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

i dont think I ever want to see him dancin' a few jigs. haha.see you all soon! Yipee!

Byron and Tara said...

Glad to hear the "old Fart" is alive and kickin'. Give him our love.

Your FAVORITE neice
Tara

Paije said...

What I want to know is if he gave all the nurses "heck"--I'm really gonna be disappointed if he didn't! Paije:)

Lisa Clift said...

It was good to talk to Uncle Doug the other night and know the surgery didn't alter his personality any! Love to all and my prayers are with Uncle Doug and his lovlely nurses at home. Aunt Elaine and Ally, your good eggs!

Margo Clift said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Surgery, isn't it just the best????
So glad that all went well, will look forward to seeing you'all soon.

care bear said...

Hi Elaine,

Your blog is great fun! Love the blurb at the top. I hope Doug is up and at it again soon (so he doesn't get totally addicted to those drugs you mentioned.)

Great reading. I would have continued longer but I was a little scared to go on for fear that Copa Cabana would start playing!

Tami (Stan's sister)

big_smartmouth said...

hey, low life! know we are prayin' for ya!

your favorite mager (which isn't saying much!)

sarah