For those of you who care...Doug had knee replacement surgery this morning. The doctor spoke with me after surgery and said he did really well. No complications. He also said his knee was REALLY worn out. We knew that, but its nice to have it confirmed. He is in recovery right now (1:45 pm Pacific time) and should be in his room within an hour. I will be glad to see him, however, I'd better not find out he asked the nurse for medical marijuana!
We had a little discussion about that prior to his going under and I advised him his life meant nothing to him IF he asked the nurses for that green weed. So, he has survived surgery and I hope he will not incur my wrath by trying to circumvent the legal system of drug use. Besides...he's getting morphine and is there any drug better than that? Not that I have found. If this is a dangling participle, please don't advise me! Personally, I love morphine and when it has been administered to me it was needed and legal!.
He also received a valium prior to going under the knife. I told him my mom would be soooooo jealous. I have never had valium, but I've heard really good things about it (including that it is fairly addictive). Maybe he'll get to bring some home and I could try one...just kidding...don't let the drug nazi (Allyson) see this..she will report me to the feds, the ASPCA and any other agency she can think of...plus prosecute me to the full extent of the law...so OF COURSE I would never use any other person's prescription medications. The consequences of using someone else's drugs could be worse than ripping the do not remove tags off your pillows.
So anyway, the screamer is alive , not quite kickin' yet, but he'll get well. He'll probably have a lousy few days and then its all downhill from there. I'm happy the surgery is over and now look forward to his recovery (hopefully with little or no whining). Take care all. Elaine
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
The screamer will be in fine form when I go to visit him tomorrow! They may have to put him in ICU again.
All I can say is that we all better take advantage of Doug while he's down, because we may never, EVER get an opportunity like this again where he will be in a weakened state and not able to yell at his usual decibal level!
Anyway, we all wish him a speedy recovery. And Doug...be sure to take full advantage of the Morphine and don't ask for the green stuff.
Glad to hear things went well, I will remember to pray for him. (and Nurse Elaine too :) )Keep us posted on the recovery. paije
Elaine, don't you have some of that green stuff left over from your college days???? just joking! We love Doug, give a big hug and kiss from us, you know how much he loves affection! See you tomorrow!
Love,
Carla
I am glad everything went well. Tell that slime sucking scumbucket to get well.
I guess the good druga are a major perk to surgery...but you have to have pain to get to it. What a world! I hope things improve quickly. Hang in there
Post a Comment