If you provide full size candy bars, they will come. For the past few years we have had very few trick or treaters and I decided that was going to end this year. What to do? How to overcome the obstacle of a home that is more remote and has a long dark walk to the front door. Hmmmmmm....I know, MARKETING!
I do have two degrees in marketing, even though they are very old degrees, so I put my thinker cap on and decided to market our home for Halloween. It didn't really take a lot of effort.
Doug and I taught two different primary classes over the past two years, so for the last two weeks, I have been privately speaking with the kids we had in class and advising them that we would be hosting Halloween with full size candy bars. Eyes lit up upon receiving this revelation...and you have to admit, church is a good place for revelation. I try to do my part!
Final bit of marketing...last week at church, I spoke to the Primary President and asked her if there was any way she could announce that Sister Miller and Sister Gunter would be giving out full size candy and to be sure and drop by. She replied that somehow the word would get out!
It did! I had 85 full size candy bars and I am happy to report they are all gone! (NO, Doug and I did not eat them!)
We had waves of all sorts of ghosts and goblins and we had a blast handing out candy.
Next year....100+ bars will be ready! I promise.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
That was a smart strategy! As the word spreads you will have even more tricker treaters next year. John said he may even show up if you pass out a full size candy bar and a can of Coke :)
I am happy you finally got trick or treaters...I notice that you now have a shelfari...did you get that from me? I have always liked being a trendsetter!
Carla
Post a Comment