Monday, March 16, 2009

Updates...

Its been awhile since I had time to write anything. A lot of events have taken place and I am so overloaded, I can't seem to keep up. If you were making a life plan, you would not want to copycat mine. Just trust me on that.
Where to start....where to start....GOOD news first: Angie and Doug had Braelyn Baili Gunter on 2/23/09 and she is just beautiful. Now I know I'm the Grandma and I'm supposed to say that, but this time it happens to be true. I can't believe I have turned into a marshmallow softie where my grandchildren are concerned. ( I like that term, grandchildren!) Anyway this new phase of my life is welcome and I am so excited to watch Madi and Braelyn grow! We had some other family problems hit on the same day Braelyn was born that scared the crap out of me, but the situation is much improved and I am pleased about that. Additional good new was Allyson's birthday on the 13th...If I had know I was going to be working a bazillion hours every tax season, I would have had Allyson at a different time during the year...oh well, Che sera, sera. So with missing a few days of dedicated tax work, I really got behind and have been trying to meet the corporate tax deadline which was today..3/16/09. WHEW! I completed the returns...they were pretty involved this year and I think I can actually breathe now...until the next round which has already hit. This is in addition to my regular full time job. Lastly, Doug Sr. did have his second total knee replacement on 3/11/09 and came home from the hospital yesterday. I find I have run out of gas and am now sick. Well, as they say, "When it rains, it pours". I thought last tax season with a wedding was a little over the top for me...this year makes last year look like a walk in the park. One must remember the saying, "That which does not kill you makes you stronger". The jury is out on this one.

I've learned that when times are tough, its good to count your blessings. I do have blessings in my life, so I'm going to count them:
My family...all three Kazillion of them....but especially my immediate family...Doug Sr, Allyson, Doug Jr, Angie, Madi and Braelyn and Jeff and Morgan.
My membership in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
My friends...especially Linda, Janet and Barb
My health...except for the cold I currently have.
A job
My church calling...it keeps me humble.
Where I landed....oh how do people survive who don't live in the NW? That's how I know God loves me...he gave me Oregon and Washington. I must have done something right in the pre-existence.
The gym....If you had told me six months ago I would think the gym was a blessing I would have called you a crazy bad liar.
CHOCOLATE...in any form.
Sense of humor...sometimes you just have to laugh and then you can deal with all the crap.
Disneyland...don't need to say anymore. Wish I was there.
52" TV...lets face it ...as you age, the eyesight goes so a bigger tube keeps you in the loop..
Books

Well, that's all I have time for tonight. I just remind myself that we all have ups and downs in our lives..it helps refine us from lumps of coal to diamonds. I wonder if you ever get to know when you're a diamond or if you croak before you find out? Fortunately, we don't all have trials at the same time or no one would ever get a meal from the Relief Society! Have a good week everyone! We're doing okay ...just have a gripe a little sometimes.

Elaine






2 comments:

Marcene said...

Wow that is a LOAD!!!! Couldn't they keep Doug in the hospital until taxes were done??? JK! Tell him I say hello and hope he gets to feeling better soon. Sending lots of love and relaxation you way.

big_smartmouth said...

i loved your,"that's how i know God loves me...he gave my oregon & washington"! amen! you are a true oregonian at heart. and, with that, all i have to say is...

GO DUCKS!! hehehe