This is the time of year that I go into survival mode. This is not a physical survival, but time and emotional. I do it to myself so I ask for no sympathy (will accept it though, if freely offered!) I enjoy preparing tax returns, but it has become more difficult now that I am working full time. That's one down side of the season. The other down side is I swear every year there are all these events that I am compelled to attend....PEOPLE...quit having events during tax season...try to be considerate of your tax professional!! Everything always seems to hit on Saturdays and just be aware that I can't give up a lot of Saturdays from January through April...so you may or may not see me. If I don't attend, you can at least take comfort that I'm feeling guilty...a true Mormon state of being.
The upside is that time goes by really fast and it will be spring before I know it. That part I like....and a little extra cash never hurts.
Now for the really BIG upside.....Angie and Doug will be having a new baby girl on February 23'rd..that's this Monday. Doug and I are so excited and it seems like we've been waiting forever for this baby to arrive. I'm sure Doug and Angie feel like they've been waiting longer! Poor Madi doesn't really know what is about to hit, but I think she'll do great and be a wonderful big sister...after she gets over the shock.
That's all I can write for now. I think my sense of humor also goes on hiatus during this time of year...Hopefully it will resurface in April after I have survived tax season and Doug Sr's surgery...I am trying not to think about that...again, another major event during tax season. I am sending out notice to the universe that next year I will be unavailable for weddings, baptisms, funerals (except mine), surgeries, etc. etc. There's a reason my blog is "Old Bags Rule"....I am old and I now have a rule.
I end my ramblings by sending warm fuzzies and base 10 numbers to all who read this.
Elaine
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
I didn't realize that Angie was having her baby already- I think I only briefly heard it mentioned that she was pregnant. Hooray for another grandbaby!
Oh Elaine, you don't disappoint... your sense of humor comes through even when you're not feeling it. I do have deep sympathy for you. My season for no major events are the middle of April until July 1 and Aug. 15 through Sept. 30th.... And of course, that's when my offspring want to wed, graduate from college and probably that's when the grandbabies will want to be born... it's just the way of the Universe. I like your "Old Bag Rules" and I am trying to adhere to them for myself.
Love ya!
How did you get so lucky to have another big event during tax season this year? Actually, between another grandchild and Doug's surgery that is two events. Part of me is debating about getting my accounting license if I get tired of teaching, but I really don't want the stress. Not to say that teaching isn't stressful. It's just a different kind of stress. Thanks for keeping my crazy, unrealistic dreams in check. Haha!
Post a Comment