Another birthday hits and so far I haven't bit the dust. I had a pretty nice day. I worked for three hours and then about 11:30 am Bitchey, my BFF came over and we went shopping for a couple of hours and then had lunch at Sweet Tomatoes. I kind of miss the anticipation of birthdays from yesteryear....used to be excited the night before, wondering about presents...what kind of cake (German chocolate , of course!) and how many times I would get wished a happy birthday...oh and the singing of the song. Once you're past kidhood, that just doesn't happen. I wish it did. As you age, the day just isn't that special any more and yet you wish it was. No answer to that problem.
However, all three of my children called and wished me a happy birthday. Marza brought a gift and funny card, John & Karen brought a funny card and Allyson stopped by on her way home from work with a Hoops and YoYo card. All in all, I know I'm cared for and loved by at least a few people.
All in all, a good day and....it was sunny. Beats a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
We can't wait to give you your gift tomorrow. We think that you'll love it! :)
I wish i had been around to sing to you! Happy birthday!
Post a Comment