Geez...I must really be old because months go by and I don't know how it happened. I think I'll be 95 before I know it...but I'll be 95 with great legs! Nothing too exciting has happened lately...I mostly work, then go work out (I'm trying to make it a habit), laugh at all the wierdo's at the gym (they are probably laughing at me because I'm the wierdo to them), go home, eat dinner, relax a bit and then off to bed.
The gym does provide full on entertainment ..I don't try to stare at strange people, but when they're right in your face, its hard to avoid them. I try not to laugh, but I'm not that strong. I've decided the elliptical machine provides the most bang for the buck. There are some strange gyrations going on with that machine that I didn't think were humanly possible and they're right in front of the stairmaster machines so when I'm on that the oddballs are right in front of me. I usually bring a book so I can block them. Some of the outfits provide a trip down memory lane...we have the yellow pants man, kung fu fighter, let it all hang out and look at me, I'm so hot. I guess I just don't fit in. ah well... nothing new.
Doug and I have enjoyed seeing our kids this past month...we went to Joseph, OR for Memorial Day with Allyson, Doug, Angie and the girls and had a great time and some good weather. The next week I went to SLC and Rexburg with my BFF Linda and spent time with Jeff and Morgan..it was fun to see their apartment and cruise around the 'burg...I hadn't been in awhile. Two weeks later Jeff and Morgan made a quick trip to Vancouver for an interview and then we had our Riverside Ward 20th reunion at Oaks Park. It was nice to see everyone and a joy to watch Madi go on some kiddie rides. Grandma is in love with those two little granddaughters.
That's about all I can remember to write at this time. I still want to go see Wolverine, but its probably not at the theaters any more. I still can't find the South Park episode when the Devil tells the minions that it turns out,...the Mormons were right! James is trying to help me find it. Oh , and I bought another pair of athletic shoes...I may be overdosed on shoes...but I blame it all on Doug Jr and Jeff...that's where I picked up the habit.
Hope everyone enjoys their summer! Elaine
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Seriously Aunt Elaine, I love you more and more every time I read your blog. You make me laugh until I cry....and by the way...no one could beat those legs! Love you, see you in a week at the 4th!!!
One time some guy in front of me at the gym tried to be cool by throw twisting his water bottle in the air to catch it. He missed and it dropped, and shot off the treadmill. It sorta landed near me, and he looked at me like I was supposed to stop my workout to pick it up for him. Weirdo!
Time really does fly. June the 25th was our 29th anniversary. Can you believe it? close to Margo's. I've been married 46 years,but it's taken 2 husbands to get there. I don't go to the gym anymore. i think I probably could and I probably need to, but I just don't want to very bad. I think it might prolong my life, but what would I be missing while I wasted time working out. Living longer would just even it out. I will check out your body at the clift's though, Maybe I'm missing something about this working out business.
Post a Comment