I'm on vacation. Its hot....and I don't mean in a sexy way. Its HOT! and that is not a compliment to the location. I wait all year to go on vacation and enjoy myself and what do I get to do? SWEAT. Now I don't even feel bad that I haven't hit the gym in a week....I've been sweating for a week....its like being on perpetual stairmaster without a water bottle. Now in case you're thinking...well it seems to be all about her...lets remember that this is my blog and it IS all about me.
Whine over...moving on.
So, Allyson, Bitchey, Danita and I have been staying at the Disneyland hotel at Disneyland. We have a great room (haven't spent much time in it) on the 10th floor (free upgrade) and we've been going to the land every day. Due to the inclement weather, we haven't been able to accomplish as much as we'd like to, but have enjoyed not going to work every day. We have had a lot of pictures taken and tomorrow I hope to post some to go with this article. As I knew would happen, now my time is running out and I will be in a Disneyland panic tomorrow. Today was the first time I did the Peter Pan ride and it is my favorite...sadly, without small children to take, Allyson will not go on it with me. I tell her DL is a place for "Children" of all ages (that would be me) but she is too embarrassed to go without a tot. I just pretend the screaming, whining toddlers surrounding me are with me. Then, after the ride, I just walk off and leave them to their parents...smiling all the way. Is this mean? evil? Yes, but someone has to do it.
People watching has also been at the top of our list. Now I am sure we're providing entertainment for others, so turnabout is fair play. My fav is Goth people at Disneyland (DL)...so here they are dressed as scary downers and they're at the "Happiest Place on Earth"--oxymoron? Then we all decided that people who would fill a mumu, should not wear a mumu. If you don't know what a mumu is, you are too young and should not be reading this blog. The worst one today, I confess I did not actually see...that award goes to Linda..she passed by a woman breast-feeding her child while walking through Frontierland and lets just say she did not have clothing or a blanket anywhere near the action. Okay...I must state my opinion here. I am all for breastfeeding IF you want to...however, it is a bodily function and I do not wish to view it in public...Peeing and pooping are bodily functions (and necessary ones) but I do not wish to view anyone doing it and especially do not wish to publicly view those who must. Nuff said. Another one was a quite overweight woman wearing skin tight black leggings--need I say more. NO. I have also see a great deal of cleavage today. Young cleavage is okay...especially if you're a guy, but granny cleavage is just plain wrong.
Now, for happy times.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
The last time I went to Disneyworld, it was a million degrees outside (August in Florida) and I was pregnant with Greta. So, not only was I dripping with sweat, but I couldn't go on any of the fun rides.
Imagine my surprise when I went to your blog and I did not see "Where has June Gone?" at the top of the page!
It sounds as if the weather would have been perfect for me. Have no shame about going on the Peter Pan ride by yourself. Doug and I went together years back (when we didn't have the little ones) and had a blast.
Post a Comment