Morgan tells me I need to update my blog more often. I would if more interesting things happened to me.....but they don't, especially at this time of year.
Here is my life in January - work and taxes...that's almost as bad as death and taxes, but I don't want to experience that just yet. This year I am trying to figure out how I'm going to fit in workouts at the gym besides the work and taxes...haven't ever tried that before. Well, where there's a will, there's a way. I'll have to see what I can do because I do not want to lose all the buffness I have acquired these past 5 months. I know many of you actually don't recognize me, but when I see you, I'll let you know its me. I kind of like travelling incognito! Its the next best thing to an invisibility cloak.
Also at this time of year while I am living the mole life ( or in espanol, that's pronounced "mo-lay") time goes by pretty fast. I don't know if I like that because then I seem to age faster. I mean really, you just can't win! Now, though, I can't say negative things because I'm trying to do positive affirmations. Here are some of my latest affirmations...if you don't know what an affirmation is, read "You can heal your life" by Louise Hay.
Lets see...some good ones are:
--Even though I don't like people in general, I choose to think positive thoughts about them.
--I choose to believe that sitting in a recliner watching tv will assist in my sojourn to lose weight.
--Expressing gratitude daily will assist me in recognizing my good fortune in being married to Doug (wolf hat and all)
--I am willing to accept that good things will come to me.
--I am open to the possibility of achieving spiritual nirvana.
--I am willing to let my desire for chocolate cake go. (Sorry, that's a lie!)
OK. Hope you didn't fall for those affirmations. I do have some, but they are so ridiculous that I wouldn't ever post the details. If I ever find that they work, I'll let you know.
Mostly, I hope all my loved ones know that I am hard at work in my accounting cave, making progress on bank reconciliations, journal entries and printing tax organizers. I just survived sitting through an all day tax seminar last Saturday and let me tell you...that's an achievement! In my mind I do not have a boring life, but from the outside looking in....you might disagree with me. It is my wit and humor that sustain me in these trying times...that and the promise of a vacation after tax season is over. I also dream of raising my rates...that cheers me up on a good day.
Well to my few and loyal blog followers, I sign off now and will post again when I have something interesting to say.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
you scared me there with that last affirmation, good thing it was a lie! Chocolale cake must always be part of your life if you wish to remain sane...or at least happily placated.
Just remember to stock up on diet coke in your cave. it will come in handy on late nights. or any time of day!
You were scaring me for a minute with the affirmations -- but you saved yourself at the last moment. I was thinking for a minute that you had lost it and gone over to the dark side or something... My life is about as exciting as yours right now... I go to work and go to class and think about my dissertation all the time. I'm boring and I'm going deeper and deeper into debt to finish this degree. I just hope I live long enough to reap the full financial benefits from it.
YOU ARE NOT one of the people I keep a distance from... in fact, I wish that we could spend more time together! I MISS YOU. No, I was referring to my brother and his lovely wife Gayle and the fact that they love to be waited on, tended, and adored but do not share in the workload in anyway.... Then, they let me know that I'm not nice enough to them. At least Caroline (Doug's darling wife) just stays away... That's specifically who I was referring to.
You're right, I do have to live long... It's unbelievable but I will have to work until I'm 70 anyway, so at least I'll get to do what I want to do...
Let's talk soon.
We need a pic of the new "Buff" you!!
Post a Comment